Thursday, September 11, 2008

Filling the Void

So, I got to spend time with my Mom (Baby Lady) today, which I always love to do.  Sophia (the little girl that I nanny for) and I dropped off some cookies to her (and some other friends) since it was a yucky rainy day. I mean, who doesn't want to come home to cookies on their doorstep?
I was telling Baby Lady about all of the latest craft projects I've been working on.  

I am on a strict budget these days due to some extremely outstanding college loans that I am finally paying off. Since this budget has come into my life, I am finding myself missing my favorite hobby-shopping!  Since I can't buy things for our apartment anymore, I have been making them.  It's actually been a lot of fun, and I'm proud of my projects!  This is one from The Martha that I posted the other day...I think it turned out pretty cute!


This one is my love for fresh flowers, and learning how to master creative flower arranging.  I also just got the V and B from Anthropologie but I think they need something else.  Not sure what yet...

This one is something I saw in a decorating magazine.  Vince calls them our "Love Flags".  I don't think they look like flags, but I can see why he thinks that....
They are a plain canvas painted with green and pink.  I think they would look better in a nursery than my living room, but whatever..

 So, that's all for now.  I can't wait for pumpkin carving and squash casserole making (thanks Natalie!)


No comments: