Monday, November 10, 2008

The Ring...and other musings..


This is my ring.  Kind of.  I can't find a picture of it, but this is the exact same style.

I LOVE it.  
This is it on my finger.  (Before the cop came over and told me that I had to stop taking pictures.  They said I could be taking pictures to come back and rob the place!) 
SO, thats it!

Now I just have to wait for the down on one knee thing!

I went out of town this weekend with my wonderful Aunt Susie.  We went to her fabulous lake house and it was so much fun and super relaxing.  We did a lot of wedding talking/planning.  When I got home last night, I was telling Vince about the visions I had for our wedding party.  I really wanted to have his guys look like this:
He likes the look, but as we have discussed a thousand times-he doesn't want his guys to have to buy anything.  We have always said that with our wedding party; we want them to wear something they already have so they aren't stressed out about spending money.  We want to honor them- not cause them to go broke.  He really had to bring me back to reality last night, and I so appreciate him for it.  I began to say things like, "well, they would only have to buy the jacket" or "they will want to do it, because they love you". 
He shook his head at me.  He reminded me of what this wedding is about to us.  Not about tiny details.  Not about spending a lot of money.  It's about love, family, friends, and relaxing.  
I have a feeling he is going to have to bring me back down quite a bit over the next 11 months.  
And that's ok. 
That's what love is all about.

12 comments:

Adrienne said...

YAY!!! Love the ring - that is gorgeous! I can't believe they made you stop taking pictures...criminal...haha.

Anonymous said...

That ring is gorgeous! yay!! congratulations :)

Mojito Maven said...

Yes, those were the vows that I said to Mr. Mojito...he wrote his own to say to me. We wanted to do something really personal.

AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!!!! Can't wait to hear the proposal story and you can wear that baby everywhere.

katealtmix said...

that ring is STUNNING, oh my gosh! and i love your attitude about honoring your guests and wedding party- no doubt your wedding day will be wonderful with that mindset!

JennyLee said...

The ring is stunning! Have I mentioned how excited I am for you? ;) I'm glad you got some down time this weekend. Love ya!

Unknown said...

I love the ring!!! I can't wait to hear about the proposal when it happens!! :)

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

That ring is super cute!!!

Janine / Being Brazen said...

goregous ring. I love it. Great choice

beka said...

Gorgeous! Glam! Classic! What a great choice girl! And don't worry, the whole knees thing is coming soon :)

east side bride said...

The guys will look great. And believe me, it will *help* if you have the inspiration photo to show them!

Amanda said...

I love your ring- it's absolutely amazing. Good choice!

jennifer said...

its BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i don't think I'd be able to take it off ;)