Friday, December 5, 2008

Let me paint you a picture...

This was my life last night:
Stayed up with a friend and worked on my research paper until 11pm.  
Emailed said paper to professor with a huge rock in my stomach.
Tried to go to sleep.
Tossed and turned for 2 hours with thoughts of failing the class and not graduating.
Called Vince.

(Perhaps I should tell you that when I cannot sleep, there are two sure-fire ways to help me
1) give me 3 cocktails
2) Vince plays guitar and sings me my favorite lullabies)

Vince (who is in Nebraska on business) was in the car with a coworker on the way home from dinner.  With a whiney voice and tears in my eyes I told him I couldn't sleep because I'm so scared about my paper.  
He asked if I needed him to sing to me.
I said yes.
So he did.  He sang two lullabies to me.  While in the car with a coworker.

And then I slept like a baby.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world.

Please pray, send good thoughts, do a dance, or whatever you do.  I have to pass this class and it all hinges on the paper.  

5 comments:

LauraAnn said...

Deep breaths!!!! Good luck and I hope that you get news regarding your paper!

beka said...

I'd wish you luck on that paper but I KNOW you do not need luck, nor good wishes, not even prayers. Because the paper is already submitted and you did an excellent job and your professor will know that you excel. You have done all that you can do. And it will be enough.

Relax. It will be well.

((loves))

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard! Prayer sent up!

Adrienne said...

That is SO sweet!!! Good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

JennyLee said...

That is so stinkin' sweet! I'm praying for you!