Thursday, June 23, 2011

Peach Cobbler Experimenting

With all of these amazing summer fruits calling my name lately, I've been obsessing over cobblers and pies.  I've made three peach pies in the last week and I think I've figured out my favorite recipe. 
I used a combination of different recipes to get the right texture and flavor. 

I hope you all make one this summer because they are delicious...

PEACH COBBLER:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Preheat oven at 375°
Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish in your preheating oven.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve with Hagen Daaz vanilla ice-cream.  It's the right thing to do, trust me.

Enjoy!

No comments: